Image: ©2010 Lex Gable. All Rights Reserved.
- IMHO = In my humble opinion
- AYFKMWTS = Are you f—-ing kidding me with this s—-?
- GTFOOH = Get the f—- out of here
- OH = Overheard
- FW = No f—-ing way
- IRL = In real life
- NSFW = Not safe for work
- FML = F—- my life
- FWIW = For what it’s worth
- QOTD = quote of the day
- BTW = By the way
- BFN = Bye for now
- AFAIK = As far as I know
- TY = Thank you
- YW = You’re welcome
Technical Twitter abbreviations:
- MT = Modified tweet. This means the tweet you’re looking at is a paraphrase of a tweet originally written by someone else
- RT = Retweet. The tweet you’re looking at was forwarded to you by another user
- DM = Direct message. A direct-message is a message only you and the person who sent it can read. Important: To DM someone all you need to type is D username message
- PRT = Partial retweet. The tweet you’re looking at is the truncated version of someone else’s tweet
- HT = Hat tip. This is a way of attributing a link to another Twitter user
- CC = Carbon-copy. Works the same way as email
AND, here’s the good news text-aholics, you can use them when TEXTING too. Whoopee.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.